----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher X. Candreva" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 4:51 PM
Subject: Re: Cleint Code and Billing functionality

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, James Ussher-Smith wrote:

Why wouldn't you trust your business data in one of the most popular
database engines in the world? Personally I'd be very happy to store my

For the same reason I don't trust my data to Windows, one of the most
popular OS's in the world, or Outlook, the most popular e-mail client in the
world.

But to make it a not-so-religous arguement -- for a Unix-only shop it means
setting up a Windows server.

I think thats part of the issue.
We do provide windows hosting and SQL server for customrs but my experience of it has not been good.
Approx 6 to 10 times more work involved to keep it running securely and stable-y.
I can factor that into what I charge customers, but if its for our own use then thats just time and money lost.

Regards

Gordon Hudson
Hostroute.com Ltd
www.hostroute.net