At 09:01 AM 1/18/2005, Ross Rader wrote:
Please try and keep this discussion in the real world world.

OK then...

Directi - a direct competitor to OpenSRS, I'm not plugging them, just citing an example - had reseller mailing lists which were moved to their forums at webhosting.info. I still get an email containing the text of the post and a link to the forum every time a message is posted there. I couldn't tell you the last time I went to that forum (a LOOONG time ago), but I review the emails.

Sending emails also alleviates the censorship issue - I have a copy of the original message stored locally, so there's no point in trying to edit things (and there are a number of posts there in which people blast directi).

Most of us have reseller accounts with a number of registrars and it's not that difficult to leave. Why piss off your resellers with a change like this when it's so unnecessary? Especially at a time when your share of the domain market is falling.

-Russ