Ross Rader wrote:

On 19/01/2005 10:24 AM Roger B.A. Klorese noted that;

| Do the math.  Ten transfers in ten years nets the same as ten renewals.

I believe, and I could be dead wrong with this, that a transfer may
proceed, but not have an extra year added, if the sum total years would
exceed ten years.

James could probably correct or confirm this...

Boundary case.

That's why ten-in-ten was the example.

If I start with a registered domain, and each anniversary either (a) renew it in place or (b) transfer it, there would be no difference.

Yes, if you transferred it every sixty days, the registry would clear much more.

When that case actually presents itself, it will be worth worrying about.