| What happens in the event of a fraudulent transfer?
|
| Is the domain returned to the original registrar, or just the original
| registrant?  Does the end date get set to the original end date, plus
| one year or plus two years?

> The registry gets paid in all cases IIRC. I can't say for sure what
> happens to the expiration dates, but I'm certain the registry gets paid.

I had a domain name stolen and returned recently.  I gained a year when it
was transferred and another year when it was returned.  Presumably the
registrars each paid for a year.  I offered to reimburse my registrar for
the return cost, but they declined my offer.  This was one of those small
drop-catching registrars, and they not only assisted in the recovery but
also wouldn't pass along their costs.  (Of course the domain was lost in the
first place because they were slow to implement locking.)