> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey....@blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey....@blu.org] On Behalf Of aldo albanese
>
> I'm looking into an email encryption for both my company and for personal
> use.  For personal use I would like to be able to encrypt Gmail accounts
using
> Droid, Outlook and possible via the web portal.  I noticed that some of
you
> have already some kind of encryption like PGP.  Looking at some products,
it
> seems that now Symantec owns PGP, any other product that you would
> suggest that just do what I'm looking for?

You can still use PGP for free.
You should also consider S/MIME.  Just go to someplace like startssl.com to
generate your keys for free.

S/MIME is generally easier for a larger number of people to adopt quickly -
because they don't need to think or understand so much about authentication
and trust and key distribution and management, and it provides a pretty
decent level of trust.  But if you just want to secure email between you and
two of your buddies, or you can't risk the possibility of a "trusted" root
CA getting compromised by bad guys or foreign governments...  Then PGP might
be better for you.  But if you're in that situation, probably PGP isn't good
enough either.