On Wednesday 03 Nov 2010 06:11:02 Peter Rodwell wrote:
> Hi Cor:
> >> 2. Search and replace. I work with large documents, often 400+ pages.
>
> [snip]
>
> > OK, that is easy to handle with a trick as user, but possibly also an
> > relative easy fix (1)?
>
> As I said, when you have to do this constantly, dozens of times a day, it
> does become a real issue.
>
> I would have thought it quite simple to save the current position, do the
> search and replace then return to the previously-saved position. After
> all, if MS can do it then it can't be very difficult. :)
>
> P.

There is an extension which is pretty much a compulsory install  on any OOo
instance l use and it does what you ask here.

http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/search/node/altsearch

cheers
GL

--
Graham Lauder,

INGOTs Assessor Trainer
(International Grades in Open Technologies)
www.theingots.org