Hi Magnus

Am 01.02.11 19:37, schrieb Magnus Johansson:

> OK, Fernand; thanks. But do you mean that I shall go through the four steps,
> after downloading and installing GSview, every time I insert a music example
> in an ODT document? Wouldn't it be much better if a preview settings feature
> was implemented in LO itself?

On the long run - perhaps. But for now it would help you immediately if
while generating the EPS itself the preview included would have been
done in a better quality (=higher resolution). This is a thing which can
easily be done by the software which generates the EPS file (or the user
operating it); but is very hard to do for LO because it would need to
implement complete EPS interpreting engine (like ghostscript).
What Fernand proposes is a workaround in case you cannot influence the
way the EPS file is generated. And it has a big advantage: It works now,
not somewhen in future :-)

Besides that one can question if interpreting an EPS file is within the
expected functional range of an office package - usually, that is one of
the points why DTP software has it's own right.
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Uwe Altmann