Hi Alex,

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 05:39:34PM +0200, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
> Le 10/06/11 14:48, Francois Tigeot a écrit :
>
> > The Adabas support is still present in LibreOffice; howewer, I'm not sure
> > if it is still used or if the free (as in beer) Adabas version is still
> > available somewhere.
> >
> > I would like to know if some people still use it, and on which platforms.
>
> I've just checked on Mac OSX and Adabas is not in the list of available
> db engines to which a user can connect. So, I can only assume that the
> only current way to do this in LibreOffice would be via macros or some
> other scripting language (if that) ?

I'm not surprised you didn't find anything on Mac OSX: Adabas D support is
only enabled on Windows NT and its descendants, Linux, Solaris Sparc and
NetBSD.

> Additionally, the community edition of Adabas is only available for
> Windows Vista and 7 users, I just went over to Software AG's website and
> checked.
[...]
> perhaps the adabas stuff is just obsolete ?

This is what I'm trying to find out; the hardcoded list of platforms where
it is enabled doesn't make sense.

I'll have a word on the developpers channel; if nobody uses it anymore, I
don't see why we couldn't disable Adabas D support everywhere.

--
Francois Tigeot