Le 12/06/11 03:04, Uwe Altmann a écrit :

Hi Uwe,

> Adabas was bundeled only with StarOffice (never with OOo) - it was one
> of the "Add-Ons" Star Office had (besides more Gallery entries,
> templates and better spell checking then OOo) in former times. "In
> former times" refers to OOo 1.* when OOo has no "official" (=Sun/Star
> Office) Version for Macs; so Adabas connection/driver never had a need
> for Mac support by Sun.

That would explain why I had it for several years, since I decided to
pay for StarOffice through most of its commercial versions, even after
OOo had been launched. At the time I wasn't on the Mac platform though.

> Meanwhile Adabas is a legacy product. I wonder if anyone uses it in a
> productive environment. Surely not on a Mac.
>
> As has been said - whoever need this can stick on an older OOo Version.

I think François has already proposed a patch in master on the developer
list for the config scripts to no longer build the Adabas driver
component module.

Alex