On 18/06/2011 09:39, Simos Xenitellis wrote:

> The spirit does go well beyond the letter.

> Ideally, the 'git repositories' should be what everyone gets, rather
> than a source code snapshot that has no source change history.

A couple of years ago I sent a question to FSF about meeting source code
requirements for GPLG programs. Specifically, I asked if substituting
the entire current code repository was acceptable, rather than a tarball
of the specific code that was (supposedly) used. Their response was that
the repository was acceptable. They also suggested that a ReadMe file
that contained the instructions on pulling the code that the program
used be included on the DVD.

jonathon
--
If Bing copied Google, there wouldn't be anything new worth requesting.

If Bing did not copy Google, there wouldn't be anything relevant worth
requesting.

                              DaveJakeman 20110207 Groklaw.