On Fri, 2011-07-15 at 16:51 +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> setup for integration). The GUI (menu/toolbars and the tab windows)
> stuff is all implemented using Expeditor [**] a giant (proprietary)
> eclipse based java framework that embeds the C++ document views. So

        Ooh - I didn't realise that; interesting :-)

> Yes, it includes a JVM (IBM's proprietary J9 one) and most of the
> Eclipse framework for the GUI stuff.

        Last I checked the Eclipse license is a weak copy-left license, and
thus persona-non-grata in Apache - in the same way that MPL and others
are not welcome.

> I have seen some questions on what exactly it is that is being offered,
> but nobody from IBM has replied with any specifics yet.

        Since this is (by now) at least the fourth significant announcement &
press interest in ~the same thing (since 2007), and still no code - I'm
not trying to hold my breath like I did the first time ;-) But perhaps
there'll be something useful we can re-use.

        ATB,

                Michael.

--
 michael.me...@novell.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot