Le 2012-05-15 03:32, Marc Paré a écrit :
I need to work out a short note about use of LibreOffice in an academic
environment. What would some of you, who are using LibreOffice, consider
necessary to use LibreOffice in an academic setting.

I am not looking for a "wish-list", but a list of any extensions/add-ons
to LibreOffice that are available right now. Is LibreOffice sufficient
as is, or do any of you have any suggestions of add-ons that are really
needed for such a setting as a college/university/academic environment?

Thanks for any input.

Marc

So essentially, what I am getting from this discussion is that:

* LibreOffice can be successfully extended with Zotero[1], JabRef[2], Mendely[3] for bibliography work (it exports to LibreOffice); citations can be handled with citing one's bibliography in the document by using 'Insert->citation'; appendices may be built by following instructions described on this referenced post[4]; no need for third party Math tools as LibreOffice handles this well; working with styles can help manage large documents effectively (i.e. page and paragraph styles); other useful extensions: "alternative search", "compose special characters", "linguist", "convert text to number", "notes anchor"; not to mention language support is more than adequate.

There is a need for a few templates for academic use; a built-in bibliographic tool and get the multimedia support for video and sound fixed. Not to mention the on-going thing about file format compatibility with MSO ... hard to get when you can't rely on any kind of standard format from Microsoft.

Would there be anything else?

I am hoping to work on a marketing pamphlet expounding the values of LibreOffice in academia.

Cheers,

Marc

[1] http://www.zotero.org (standalone or plugin)
[2] http://jabref.sourceforge.net/