Hi,

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 12:00 -0400, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> Yutaka Kachi wrote:
> > catchãã

> Translation begins ---
>
> This year's [OO.o] Regicon was held as part of OpenSource Conference
> (OSC2005).  The speaker from Microsoft was one of those speakers who
> OSC2005 invited into the event.  The reason for that was the OSC2005
> event committee (of which I was a member) particularly wanted some
> publicity.  We also hoped to attract participants who were not
> necessarily familiar with the open-source, in addition to those who
> already were.  From that point of view, I think we had a pretty good
> success in that regard.
>
> I speculate that even Microsoft may have had an intention of sending a
> message to the open-source community [by delivering a speech in an
> open-source event like this].  I'm not sure if they succeeded in terms
> of that, because the popularity of that particular speech didn't appear
> to be very high.
>
> In the same time slot as the Microsoft speech session, I was giving a
> OO.o 2.0 demonstration session in a separate, and much smaller room, and
> my session attracted just as many people as the MS session did.

Congratulations for this! I see now that MS is playing the same game
everywhere. They always wish to communicate on everything, and they
would always have a booth in any FLOSS exhibition. But as far as I saw
at least in Paris and Berlin they were never successul at attracting
many people there...

Charles.