On 06/09/06, Dylan Verheul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Plugin: Autocompleter
> Docs: http://www.dyve.net/jquery/autocomplete.txt
>
> New options:
>
> The options below provide a better user experience (automatically
> picking results) and advanced markup options (the approach is a little
> different, but this could be used to duplicate the script.aculo.us
> demo with pictures in the results).
>
> selectFirst (default value: false)
>         If this is set to true, the first autocomplete value will be
> automatically selected on tab/return, even if it has not been
> handpicked by keyboard or mouse action. If there is a handpicked
> (highlighted) result, that result will take precedence.
>
> selectOnly (default value: false)
>         If this is set to true, and there is only one autocomplete when the
> user hits tab/return, it will be selected even if it has not been
> handpicked by keyboard or mouse action. This overrides selectFirst.
>
> formatItem (default value: none)
>         A JavaScript funcion that can provide advanced markup for an item.
> For each row of results, this function will be called. The returned
> value will be displayed inside an LI element in the results list. See
> the source code of http://www.dyve.net/jquery?autocomplete for an
> example.
>
> None of this will break compatibility, you can just use the new js
> without any changes to your existing code.

Just keeps on getting better...

I have a suggestion though - if the autocomplete goes off the page and
you use the cursor keys, you cannot see the item that is highlighted.
Perhaps the page should scroll to show the item - then when clicked,
it scrolls back to the input box.

You can see this if you go to the demo page and type in 'com' (as
suggested in your documentation) and use the keyboard.