> The notions is to:
> 1) Not need a server-side language like PHP and
> 2) Let people who don't want to seriously get into Google Maps have a way
> of creating a simple map

Yep, those are good points! I had the idea of a small application that allows
members of a small musician community to add markers of their location to a map
and store additional information like what instruments or equipment they are
using.
As Google Maps is no fun without js, it would be nice to have a js interface
that I can plug on some little serverside code (whatever language I'd prefer)
to create the application mentioned above.
So the jQuery plugin should provide an easy setup of the map itself, with
convention over configuration, and a customizable way of loading and storing
markers.

-- Jörn
--
NEU: GMX DSL Sofort-Start-Set - blitzschnell ins Internet!
Echte DSL-Flatrate ab 0,- Euro* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl