John Resig schrieb:
> Hey everyone -
>
> I stumbled across a point of optimization today, all of the following
> attributes (and probably more - let me know) can only have a single
> value.
>
> checked="checked"
> multiple="multiple"
> disabled="disabled"
> readonly="readonly"
> disabled="disabled"
> selected="selected"
>
> I'd like to add in methods like:
> .checked( true | false )
>
> Which does this in the background (but for each attribute):
>
> $.fn.checked = function(b) {
>     if ( b )
>         this.attr( "checked", "checked" );
>     else
>         this.removeAttr( "checked" );
> };
>
> What do you think?

John, these are great additions, but please be advised that in some
browsers this.attr('checked', 'checked') won't work as expected. I
suggest that way (unless the fix is already done in attr which I don't
quite remember right now):

if ( b )
     this.checked = true;
else
     this.checked = false;

I think if you want to completely remove the attribute you can use
removeAttr but that has to be distinguished from setting the value to false.

-- Klaus