> The behaviour should be exactly the same as the original.

It sure works fine in Safari

> Is this worthy to put it in the jQuery plugin repository?

I have a question about this: is there (any plans to) an open SVN repository
for jQuery plugins? I'd hate to pollute the main development repo with my
buggy plugin projects :D -- but something's clearly missing here, as we're
unable to really cooperate on the same files and instead must each have a
set of scripts on one's servers.

If this is any indication, we have opened such a project for SPIP, called
"the SPIP Zone", and now have around 100 commiters, with no conflict as code
is always progressing (or forked when "visions" differ). The only base for
participation is accepting a "Charter" that basically says that everything
we do there is free software around SPIP, for the common good, with no
advertising/self-promotion.

-- Fil