Regarding the validation:

I designed this around the *new* as-yet-unimplemented spec for WebForms2. I'm doing this on purpose *knowing* it won't validate as present. It's a tradeoff I'm willing to make (since it's not like I'm making up my own spec).

-- Yehuda

On 10/5/06, Dave Methvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  I've developed (or partially developed) a new plugin  that implements
>  webform2's slider. Specifically, you can do stuff like
>  <input type="range" step="1" min="1" max="10" value="1" id="a" />
>  and jQuery will automatically convert it into a stylable range widget.

That won't validate for HTML4 or XHTML; "range" isn't a legal value for the
type attribute. Perhaps you could make it a type=text and convert it on the
fly using information in the class attribute?

As for the IE bug, I suspect you're running afoul of IE's flakiness when you
try to insert/delete elements in document.body before the page has loaded.
Your .ready() handler is wrapping the input.range elements with a div.slider
and then trying to modify it just a few lines down.

Yehuda Katz
Web Developer | Wycats Designs
(ph)  718.877.1325