It does put the value back into the input (if you look at the screen, you'll see the input being updated).

My goal is to develop a bunch of webforms2-type widget that use the webform2 standard. John suggested this a while back, but I haven't had a need for it until now.

Obviously, the main problem is the widget's failure in IE. It didn't always fail (there was an earlier iteration that passed), but it had other substantial problems. I think it started to fail when I started to rely more heavily on closures.

The 234 multiplier issue is just weird. Stefan, can you shed any light?

-- Yehuda

On 10/5/06, Jörn Zaefferer < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yehuda Katz schrieb:
> I've developed (or partially developed) a new plugin that implements
> webform2's slider. Specifically, you can do stuff like <input
> type="range" step="1" min="1" max="10" value="1" id="a" /> and jQuery
> will automatically convert it into a stylable range widget.
Does the slider put its current value back into the input? I couldn't
quite figure it out by looking at the code. It's an interesting aspect
when thinking about integration with both form and validation plugins.

Building widgets and validation according to the Webforms2 spec seems
like the best excuse around for invalid html... :-)

If I find anything that would actually help with your questions, I'll
let you know...

-- Jörn

Yehuda Katz
Web Developer | Wycats Designs