>  Regarding the validation:
>
>  I designed this around the *new* as-yet-unimplemented spec for
>  WebForms2. I'm doing this on purpose *knowing* it won't validate
>  as present. It's a tradeoff I'm willing to make (since it's not like I'm
>  making up my own spec).

I understand your goal, but the HTML validator and my text editors
(Aptana/Notepad++) don't sympathize. Eventually I get tired of their harping
and give in so they stop bothering me. :-)

BTW, range_control.js is using the word "float" in line 18. I can't recall
whether the most recent browsers still call it a reserved word but my editor
thinks it is, so it's probably safest to quote it. You might want to cache
$(this) or chain it to avoid constructing it so many times. Also I don't see
any use of the "self" variable, maybe it's leftover from something?