> I don't think this is a big problem, we can just rename the form's
> serialize method to formSerialize or something like that.  It's
> unfortunate that two methods of the same name exist and it's better to
> fix it now than to perpetuate it.  I think the real question is
> whether or not to add another 2K to core.

Also, the serialize method in core is really not useful for forms, yet
it returns a string in the format: name1=value1&name2=value2...  When
would you do this other than when processing a form?  And if you're
processing a form, why wouldn't you want to handle it correctly (like
supporting option elements, etc)?

I'm starting to think it makes more sense to have a serialize and a
serializeToArray method which both use the logic currently found in
the form plugin.  The form's ajaxSubmit and ajaxForm methods would use
serializeToArray.  I don't even think this would break code that
currently uses serialize from core.

Mike