Ohh i think i know what you mean, like a JSON object? For example, the server could respond:

{
"column1":"Some data",
"column2":"Some more data",
"column3":"Foobar"
}

, Which you could then do this:

$.get("file.php",function(r) {
 data = ""> alert(data.column1);
});

Is that what you mean?
On 10/20/06, cjordan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks for responding Matt. That's not quite what I'm looking for (I don't
think)...
when I was using ajaxCFC I could return a query object (a result set) and in
return it gave me a _javascript_ object that represented the query as an array
of structures:

   query[i].column1

where query is the name of the variable that held the query returned from my
ColdFusion function.

How do folks handle this now? Does it get the query as an array of structs
or something similar?

Am I still missing something Matt?

thanks,
Chris