Hi Klaus!

> >> If you create a subdirectory in SVN/plugins this would be really good.
> >> Since Klaus and I also made an accordion plugin, we might need to
> change
> >> that to /plugins/accordion1/ and /plugins/accordion2/.
> >
> > I'd rather try to create a merge or best breed. I think the event
> delegation approach is the better one as it uses only a single event handler,
> but
> there are other details you might have solved better. If I add my soltion
> to /plugins/accordion/, you are still free to modify it as you like :-)
>
> I agree. Let's put efforts into one plugin...! I'd say our plugin is
> pretty basic anyway, I'm more dedicated to my tabs and history plugin
> right now.
>
> Franck asked too make it a bit more flexible regarding the HTML
> structure. If you find that reasonable (I do, because it could also be a
> h2+p structure), I have done something similiar for the tabs lately,
> i.e. you set an option too define the HTML structure to rely on.

I wonder if we really need accordion and tabs parallel... Wouldn't it be
possible to style a definition list to look like tabs? When you get down to it,
the difference between tabs and accordion is just the positioning of the
clickable headers.

It's something we should at least check. I like the idea of changing a single
argument to make my tabs look like an accordion and vice-versa.

> Could be something like this:
>
> $(...).accordion({
>      struct: 'h2+p'
> });
>
> or
>
> $(...).accordion({
>      struct: 'dl>dd+dt'
> });
>
> One or the other could the default.
>
> Hm, I'm beginning to think that "struct" is a better option name then
> "tabSelector"...

We should try to find a standard that could be used to describe this structure
(CSS, XPath, SQL, whatever). Or maybe just html, eg. struct:
"<div><h2>TITLE</h2><p>CONTENT</p>".

--
Jörn Zaefferer

http:/bassistance.de
--
GMX DSL-Flatrate 0,- Euro* - Überall, wo DSL verfügbar ist!
NEU: Jetzt bis zu 16.000 kBit/s! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl