No, its a full page modification language. Pretty much all the effects and
dom methods of jQuery are supported. Its great if you want to let the
server drive whats shown on the page, like xajax
(http://www.xajaxproject.org/) except explicitly. In fact I know now how
to make xajax work with jquery, it should be a piece of cake :)

But that's another project, not for now.

--Jacob