Theo Welch schrieb:
> Here's another (probably older) approach to vertical centering with CSS I've
> been using for a while.
>
> http://www.wpdfd.com/editorial/thebox/deadcentre3.html
>
> This one doesn't need any proprietary IE code to get the centering to work
> in IE, but it does require a bit of extra markup as well as using 'absolute'
> positioning which can be a hassle in some situations.

But that wouldn't stop it from scrolling out of the viewport, would it?

Actually the "best" approach for fixed positioning seems to a very
different approach: Prevent the entire page from scrolling and let only
the overflowing parts scroll. That way you can stick to absolute
positioning and everything is fine. Not quite applicable to most
layouts, but still in intersting option when starting from scratch.

--
Jörn Zaefferer

http://bassistance.de