David Duymelinck schrieb:
> I taught that was what you meant by preventing the triggering of the
> .click(), .blur(), .focus(), .submit() functions. I'm sorry if i
> misunderstood your question.
> only the argumentless functions trigger the default action.  i read
> further and .click(fn)  will also attach the event. to prevent it you
> can use a function with event.preventDefault(); i guess.
>
> it's a bit of a search trying to get used to the new behaviour of the
> functions :)

The problem - that has also been discussed several times on the list -
with that feature is the following (I assume/hope it has been solved
therefore):

// initialisation
$('#my-form').submit(function() {
     validate(this); // returns true or false

// somewhere else
$('#my-form').submit();

So whats happening here? Depending on the result of the validation the
form should submit or not...

How is this tackled?

-- Klaus