On 16/02/07, John Resig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hey Everyone -
>
> Google's Summer of Code has just opened up for 2007, and I'd love to
> have jQuery be a part of it:
> http://code.google.com/soc/
>
> If you're not familiar with how SoC works, Google pays a number of
> college students to work on an open source project for an entire
> summer. This is a great opportunity for the kids, and for the projects
> that they're supporting.
>
> In order to be able to apply, we'd have to come up with a list of
> things that we'd like them to do. So, I'm asking you (the jQuery
> community) what you think 1-3 decent coders could do for us for a
> summer?
>
> Some examples of good ideas (which should be expanded upon):
>  - Build or port an unobtrusive charting plugin
>  - Add jQuery support to a popular CMS/Framework
>  - Build some interactive demos for jQuery.com
>  - Add new functionality to Interface
>
> We're already working on the following improvements to the web site
> (so you don't need to ask for these):
>  - A new plugins repository
>  - A new forum area
>  - A customizable download area
>
> Feel free to post your suggestions - all are welcome!
>
> --John

It would be nice if we had more widget style plugins (plus a framework
to allow others to create them easily), like the ones you get for YUI
and Dojo.  Some more (functional and practical) eye candy using
Interface would help bring in more users.

Whatever is done should really degrade for less capable browser (or
without javascript on) as well.