From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of John Resig
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 10:28 AM
To: jQuery Discussion.
Subject: [jQuery] Google's Summer of Code

Hey Everyone -

Google's Summer of Code has just opened up for 2007, and I'd love to have
jQuery be a part of it:
http://code.google.com/soc/

If you're not familiar with how SoC works, Google pays a number of college
students to work on an open source project for an entire summer. This is a
great opportunity for the kids, and for the projects that they're
supporting.

In order to be able to apply, we'd have to come up with a list of things
that we'd like them to do. So, I'm asking you (the jQuery
community) what you think 1-3 decent coders could do for us for a summer?

Some examples of good ideas (which should be expanded upon):
- Build or port an unobtrusive charting plugin
- Add jQuery support to a popular CMS/Framework
- Build some interactive demos for jQuery.com
- Add new functionality to Interface

We're already working on the following improvements to the web site (so
you
don't need to ask for these):
- A new plugins repository
- A new forum area
- A customizable download area

Feel free to post your suggestions - all are welcome!

--John