after reading this thread I feel comfortable using my own
'expando'/'extendo' attributes again, and using classes too!

but classes are the only way to pass the validators! If you are
horribly concerned with possible interaction with css classes, you
could remove the javascript class with jquery, add an expando, and
deal with it then! the validators don't care what you do with the dom,
just the html!

On 3/3/07, Daemach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm assuming you mean that you're comfortable adding an extra attribute to an
> element - is that correct?
>

> Glen Lipka wrote:
> >
> > I'm quoting Mike Alsup from the jQuery 1.1.2 thread, which I thought did a
> > good job relating to this question:
> > Based on this info, I feel totally safe using it.  I can't even think of a
> > reason to use objects in this way, but I am not that complex. :)
> >
> >  *That's correct.  It's safe to store primitives in an expando because
> > the aren't reference counted for garbage collection.  But objects are
> > trouble.  An IE memory leak pattern is as simple as this:
> >
> > var o = document.getElementById('A');
> > document.getElementById('A').myprop = o;
> >
> > Jack Slocum has a good blog entry on avoiding memory leaks:
> >
> > **
> > http://www.jackslocum.com/blog/2006/10/02/3-easy-steps-to-avoid-javascript-memory-leaks/
> > *<http://www.jackslocum.com/blog/2006/10/02/3-easy-steps-to-avoid-javascript-memory-leaks/>
> >

> > *Mike*