$("#jerk").css("text-decoration: line-through").after("needs a beer");

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Daemach
Sent: mardi 13 mars 2007 1:57
To: discuss@jquery.com
Subject: Re: [jQuery] Please add a basic debug function to the jQuery
core...

Thanks for the beatdown Brice!  I'm glad you're the only jerk I've seen on
this list!

And don't be an elitist prick - some people reviewing this framework are new
to jQuery and some even to javascript programming itself.  If you can't say
something nice, go work at Microsoft.

Brice Burgess wrote:

> Daemach wrote:
>> I would like to be able to dump the contents of the current selector
>> to the console using $"#myselector").debug() without loading a
>> plugin.
>> Something
>> as simple as the following would work, though if you devs have some
>> ideas on how to make it more useful I'm sure it would be welcomed,
>> especially by new
>> users:
>>
>>               jQuery.fn.debug = function() {
>>               console.log(this);
>>               return this;
>>               }
>>
>> Long chains that include callbacks with anonymous functions make it
>> difficult to use console.log($()).  Can this be added to the jQ
>> codebase so it's always available?
>>
> This is a ridiculous, not well thought out, and highly
> individual/personalized request. Of course this should be a plugin!
> All debuggers are "plugins" AFAIK -- or, at least compile time flags.
> Please keep the core lean, mean, and clean, and think thrice before
bloating.

> ~ Brice
>
> ~ Brice

Ce message Envoi est certifié sans virus connu.
Analyse effectuée par AVG.
Version: 7.5.447 / Base de données virus: 268.18.8/718 - Date: 11/03/2007
9:27