On 12/03/07, Jörn Zaefferer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Daemach schrieb:
> > I already have a plugin - it contains the code I put in my first email.  I
> > just don't want to have to add that line or remember to remove it.  Adding
> > the function directly to jquery will not affect the file size significantly
> > and it will always be available.
> >
> > If I ever decide to switch to safari or opera (not bloody likely) I'll add a
> > function that tests for the availability of a console.  Until then this
> > works for me.
> >
> You could modify jQuery's ant build and add that plugin for development
> builds of jQuery.
>
> --
> Jörn Zaefferer
>
> http://bassistance.de

Maybe there could be an additional download in the future? i.e. jQuery
Compressed, Uncompressed and Debug. The Debug version would have code
that would help with debugging (and perhaps log to the console
whenever events are fired, without the developer needing to add more
code) and also work cross-browser?