I've tried using index() as well, but with no luck:

$('[EMAIL PROTECTED]').parent().parent().addClass('ajaxClick');
$('<div class="newDiv"></div>').insertAfter(".ajaxClick");
$(".newDiv").hide();
var $divSiblings = $('.ajaxClick');
$('.ajaxClick a').click(function(){
var divNum = $divSiblings.index($(this).parent()[0]);
$(this).parent().parent().siblings(divNum).load(this.href, function(){
$('.newDiv>div, .newDiv>table, .newDiv>p:first, .newDiv>p:last
table:lt(2)').hide();
$(".newDiv p").css("margin", "0");
});
var divHite = $(".newDiv").height();
$(this).parent().parent().siblings(divNum).animate({height: divHite}, 500);
return false});

BTW, my previous pastebin doesn't seem to work, so here is a mirror:
http://pastebin.ca/392842