Hello,

This is been a fascinating discussion so thanks to everyone that has
provided feedback. Our introduction to R series has been adapted from the
DC Ecology lessons. I mention GitHub during the project management
sections. We set up a repository on GitHub and I talk about managing this
repository both from the perspective of Rstudio and GitHub desktop.
Personally I’ve never seen the value of teaching new programmers how to use
GIT at the command line when there are so many other options. Our students
have found this section really useful, so am going to develop this into a
standalone class on reproducibility in research. If anyone has some
suggestions I would love to hear them.

Cheers
Doug Joubert