Hi Doug,

I forked a repo on introduction to GitHub by Rachael Ainsworth (https://github.com/rainsworth/4IR-GitHub-Workshop), my colleagues from Software Sustainability Institute,  just this weekend. She uses it as part of workshops on reproducibility in research. My fork (rather project-agnostic) is at:https://github.com/anenadic/GitHub-Workshop <https://github.com/anenadic/GitHub-Workshop>. You may find them useful.

We were running Hacktoberfest at the weekend in Manchester (https://www.meetup.com/PyData-Manchester/events/254560871/) together with PyDataMCR, PyladiesNW, RLadiesMcr and HER+Data and were struggling to get various groups to get going with working with GitHub/git. In the end, we got all the novice groups together and Rachael gave a quick 1-hour workshop on using GitHub (not git) based on her materials. I thought it worked really well and suggested people to follow it up with a SWC workshop on git more more in-depth knowledge and understanding of git.

Cheers,
Aleks

--
Dr Aleksandra Nenadic, Training Lead