On Sun, 21 Aug 2016, Garrett D'Amore wrote:

the thing of it is - illumos is never going to compete in this space. unixish under the hood systems like linux and macos sure. but the market doesnt really want or need another competitor here and even if we wanted to compete we would be at a disadvantage against other options like freebsd. the best we could hope for is to make the gap less severe.

There is too much talk of winners and losers, and not enough about the users.

Please don't make me have to use another computer just to type in my
source code.

Thanks,

Bob
--