Hi Ryan,

Speaking as one of the list admins, I can say that this is a fine
place to post that role. I suspect the reaction you are seeing is
because the role appears to have two titles. The subject line
references a "UX Designer", while the body references a "Software
Design Engineer."

Clearly, this community has passionate feelings about how these roles
are constructed, and who should be responsible for what. Regardless,
you are welcome to post UX-related openings like this here in the
future.

Thanks,
JS

http://gamma.ixda.org/discuss?post=21232