Has IxDA or any other organization ever taken a survey of SW company
knowledge of/integration with/dependence on Interaction design, (something
like rising up the knowledge pyramid)?

Maybe I have been (very) lucky working for companies where almost all of
them had some idea of the value of upfront user empathetic design, which
aided, (to a greater or lesser degree), the entire SW development life
cycle.

Of course there are places which put lip service only on design, and there
are methodologies that "forgot" upfront design has value, (anybody really
read the book on scrum?).

It is my belief that a critical mass of SW companies seriously consider IxDA
when thinking about SW projects, (maybe they act on this, maybe they don't,
maybe they pay lip service). Is this others experiences?

In terms of professional integration, where are we on the "J" curve? I
believe we're in the 2nd stage where acceleration is continuing, but
velocity may have peaked.