On Nov 6, 2007, at 7:04 PM, Andrei Herasimchuk wrote:

> That's all fine and good, but the opposite holds true as well, right?
> In other words, if I'm not allowed to make "edicts" that paper is not
> prototyping, then who are you or anyone else on this list to say to
> say that paper is indeed legitimate prototyping? Or to make such
> claims to the industry and sets those types of expectations with
> clients or non-designer types?

Well unless you think I am either  a moron or a hypocrite, then it
would stand to reason that I believe this to be point of view, not of
fact. So effectively what you have stated here is something along the
lines of, "no I'm not, you are". I guess I expect more from someone
as experienced and seasoned as you.

> And then we go down the road of it
> depends, it's all personal opinion, etc., at which point, discussing
> anything seems irrelevant, don't you think?
> At the end of the day, I'll make this prediction: In the very near
> future (let's say within ten years), those designers in the high
> technology field that don't increase their skill set to create more
> robust prototypes with their own hands will fall by the wayside as
> those designers that do start to overtake the field.

I will make a prediction as well. Most every aspect of what we do
will change radically in the next ten years. Andrei, while you are
occasionally misinformed, I anticipate a more guiding voice from you
- and you often deliver. It was your demonstrative and absolute tone,
as well as the repeated message (as if no one heard you) that
triggered my comment. I have used paper prototypes with great
results. There is a time for them, and a time for other types of
prototypes. Various teams I have assembled have used flash, html, css
and javascript for more than ten years (yes each and all of these for
that long). Sometime a bit of IMHO goes a long ways. Most of us,
given an opinion can come to our own conclusion.

> Then obviously it won't matter who has what opinion.

I beg to differ. Opinions matter a great deal when leadership is of
issue.

Mark