On Nov 6, 2007, at 2:09 PM, Matthew Nish-Lapidus wrote:

> That being said, paper is a valuable design tool and can be used to
> great advantage.  But if what you need is a true interaction
> prototype then you need an interactive medium.

That's an interesting concept. Using an interactive medium to
prototype or simulate interactivity. I've taught a number of paper
prototyping workshops, teaching another next year at the IxDA
conference, and can assure you that you can create interactive paper
prototypes. In fact, we have a great audio player that is interactive,
albeit w/some assistance from a moderator. But the scrubber moves
along when someone pushes the play button and we can even rewind and
fast forward.

Ask anyone who's taken the workshop, or come and find out for
yourself. Paper prototypes can be interactive, if you know what you're
doing and know how.

Cheers!

Todd Zaki Warfel
President, Design Researcher
Messagefirst | Designing Information. Beautifully.
Contact Info
Voice:  (215) 825-7423
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]