Has anyone tried Axure RP as prototyping tool?.

Couple of things that can help is developing a prototype:
1. Calculate in terms of budget and timeline. If the time and budget is
less, why would anyone want to create and deliver a high fidelity prototype
by spending a lot of time in visualizing the designs and coding?. A simple
and neat paper or a PP file is good enough.
2. Depends on the stage or lifecycle the project is. I.e. During the initial
data gathering process, one can use paper protototypes to think aloud the
initial ideas. As the site structure gets finalized one can get into the
page level architecture design by using PP, Visio, etc. After the page level
architecture is iterated and signed off, the final graphic design can be
created using Photoshop to create the definite page templates. The final
prototype can be generated using HTML just before going off to the
programers, so that they will have the fundamental design guidelines.

Cheers
Rony