It sounds like you are asked about a device...there are some face readers
out there that supposedly detect different facial expressions, including
frustration, but I doubt they would be practical or affordable for a
usability study and I also don't think that they would quantify anything
(instead they would simply report the presence of the frustration).

I recently did some research on having users report emotions during a
usability study and found that the area is really lacking. Most researchers
have used a modification of the pain scale that Katie Albers mentioned.
However, I find the images that the studies used to be too ambiguous because
they are poorly drawn, static, and not tailored to products.

The most promising thing I saw was PrEmo, where users rate (IIRC, a scale of
1-to-3) how closely they match an animation showing an emotion. See:
http://studiolab.io.tudelft.nl/desmet/PrEmo .

The big problem, as someone else mentioned, is after-the-fact reporting of
the emotions. You can write your questions about emotions to be something
like, "At any time during the previous task, were you..." but that only goes
so far.

Paul Nuschke
Electronic Ink