From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Jonathan Koren
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2007 11:37 PM
Cc: ixd-discussion
Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] Your favorite rating interface

Even a Likert scale doesn't mean the same thing to users.  There's
plenty of users that rank everything 5 stars, others that rank items
only 1 star or 5 stars.  Even in my own experience a Likert scale can
be problematic.  I decided to rate all my songs on iTunes.  I decided
I'd try to bell curve it with:

1: absolute crap, or non music track
2: don't like it
3: perfectly acceptable
4: like it
5: sublime

This worked for a while, until I started to realized that there would
be two songs that I liked, but weren't sublime, but I preferred one to
the other.  I couldn't capture that relationship.  In a sense, a 7
point scale would have been better here, but I suspect I would have
ended up with wanting a 9 point scale.

--
Jonathan Koren
[EMAIL PROTECTED]