Jeffrey D. Gimzek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We wound with a sort of LCD/LED meter like you see on equalizers, but
> horizontal.
> that way we can change the scale:
>
> 1 - 5
> 1.0 - 5.0
> 1 - 10
> 0 -100%
>
> without really changing the graphic... what that meant however is
> that we needed a real number next that gives you actual data: 3, 2.5,
> 7 of 10 etc.
>
> sort of like this:    || || || || |  (4.5)

This reminds me of the rating method used at www.TV.com which I like.

If you are registered with the site, you can rate any show using an
"equalizer bar" that is initially coloured grey but as you move the rating
selector each bar lights up with colour, starting with red and progressing
to green the better you rate it.  Although displayed as a 10-point scale,
it's actually a 100-point scale as you can choose values down to the closest
0.1.  The overall rating is displayed as a decimal number that (I presume)
is the average rating (i.e. 8.3 or 5.2) but your personal rating is always
shown with the bar and can be modified at any time.

The aspect of the mechanism for selecting a personal rating that I like the
most is the colour coding of the bars for your selection.  I'd also like to
see the same colour coding used for the overall rating - that is, show the
number in the appropriate colour, or display a thinner bar with the length
and red-to-green values for that number.

:-j(enni)

~~~~~
jenni merrifield -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CGTV Games -- The Power of Interactive Entertainment
~~~~~
Designing to requirements
And walking on water
Are easy if both are frozen