Thanks everyone for excellent examples and good discussion.  We're
definitely thinking about requiring reviews with ratings, but I'm a little
concerned that we won't get the quantity of ratings that we would get if we
just had ratings.  Granted, the QUALITY of the ratings might be higher, so
it's a trade off of sorts.
I think we may go with a slider of some sort since it gives a bigger range
of numbers and is just as easy (if not easier) to use and understand as the
ubiquitous stars.

Thanks,

Kim