Chris Dame <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I saw that US News recently ran an article on the "Best Careers of 2008"
> This seems like a great sign that we are nearing the tipping point, along
> with all of the good and bad things that come along with it.
>
> Personally, I was excited to see it and rushed in to see what they were
> saying.
>
> Thoughts?

Several. First, I share your excitement. But with a little hesitation. When
reporters transpose and massage info for general consumer digestion, the result
is usually something the ones in the know find too simplistic. The reporter did
qualify by stating it was an 'Executive Summary'.

The 'Day in the Life' version is pretty clueless, because, as you pointed out,
they seem to have left out a big portion - iterative design processes.

However, some folks say there's no such thing as bad publicity, right? :D

Next thought: what other careers in that list can I get into?

So I checked out the 'Ahead of the Curve' list and found that I can also
consider myself a Health Information Systems Analyst since I've specialized in
designing healthcare products/tools.

Cool set of articles. Thanks, Chris.

desiree

Desiree McCrorey