Hi all.

I've spent the last 4 years working in the user experience field for
websites and mobile phone interfaces. Now, I'm embarking onto a new
medium for me: consumer products.

I'm looking for references, resources, books, discussion threads,
websites etc that talk about usability testing, design guidelines and
general advice for designing great user experiences for consumer
products such as TVs, kitchen appliances, digital video recorders,
household appliances etc.

I believe the principles of designing great user experiences are by
and large the same, but I'd like to learn more about how it, and
perhaps some of you are already working with this medium and have some
advice to offer.

Please feel free to send me the references directly or through the list.

Thanks.

Tim..