Personally, every time I come across serif at 10px, my eyes strain to
read it. I have to increase my font size to make it tolerable. As much
as I love NYT.com, that's one of the things that drives me nuts about
it.

Here's what I'm running, which is pretty standard for a MacBook Pro:
Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.1
Safari Version 3.0.4 (5523.10.6)
1044x900

On Jan 7, 2008, at 2:30 PM, Russell Wilson wrote:

> But isn't a serif font more readable at 10px/12px for blocks of text?

Cheers!

Todd Zaki Warfel
President, Design Researcher
Messagefirst | Designing Information. Beautifully.
Contact Info
Voice:  (215) 825-7423
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]