I'm with Jared. This is a ridiculous semantic distinction. Like there's some
mythical confused poor UI designer sitting in a cave who doesn't even know
to think about the whole interaction or like there's some interaction
designer who never gets into the details of buttons. Let's move on. :-)

On Jan 25, 2008, at 5:02 PM, dave malouf wrote:

> the UI Designer, says, the button is left aligned, bevelled, has this
> rollover, and that action state, and this disabled state.
>
> The IxDer says how did the user even get to the page with the button,
> why is the button necessary and what comes after the button is
> pressed.

For real?

Why must there be a difference?

Isn't this just a Yam/Sweet Potato thing?

Jared