Hi Will,

At the end of the day, we are practitioners, and many times the product or
> our efforts are deliverables that have a lot of overlap with what might be
> considered large portions of IA type work.

Ah, I see. So if I understand you right, you're saying that it's not such a
big step as directly moving to IxD, but the overlap between the two
disciplines is significant enough for it to be worthwhile.

So back to the point - we are all about the practice of the craft of IxD -
> and that means, naturally - practice - and a craft is nothing if you aren't
> creating deliverable ... then what are we doing? If a silver smith is simply
> reading about silver theory and lecturing on silver aesthetics - then he
> isn't pounding out stuff made from silver - is he! So anyway - reading about
> what we do is good - but secondary to the act, process, work of producing
> stuff - like flows, wireframes, designs, interactive prototypes, paper
> prototypes - whatever it is.

Hearing you loud and clear. You can't develop a craft without *doing *it.

Thanks very much,
--
Martin Polley
Technical Communicator