> > This is the one which worries me. I find myself hitting Ctrl-S every
> > few sentences or seconds.
> >
> > How can software restore the trust of the user?
>
> In this case by providing auto-save, presumably, long overdue [1] anyway.
>
> [1]
> http://meiert.com/en/blog/20070625/a-plea-for-better-software-provide-auto-save/

I see two problems with auto-save:

1. It has to work with every application. As a user, I don't bother
checking which applications have auto-save or not to change my
behavior accordingly.
2. Even if auto-save happens periodically, the last few changes may
still get lost.

There is also a general problem with saving: Is it a snapshot with
full revision control, or do I loose my last version? Again, it should
be uniform across all applications.

Even if all applications would suddenly start to behave properly, once
the damage is done, it is difficult to regain the trust.

I will be hitting Ctrl-S for a while...

-- Claude